Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Serves 6, 622.50 mg of calcium per
Fresh lasagna sheets (found in the cool section at the
500g of low-fat ricotta
500g of spinach (if you use fresh spinach remember to
finely dice and cook it first!)
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced.
1 small brown onion, finely diced.
1 handful of fresh oregano, chopped roughly.
2 x 400g tins of finely diced tomatoes
1 x small jar of diced black olives
1 x handful of fresh basil, coarsely chopped.
1 x small zucchini, grated
200 grams of grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Add a dash of olive oil to a pan and sautee the onion,
one of the cloves of garlic and oregano.
- Let the onion and garlic mixture cool, and then mix it
with the ricotta and spinach. Leave the mixture to sit.
- Add a dash of olive oil to a pan and add the second
clove of garlic, basil and zucchini. When the zucchini has soften
up, add the jars of tomato sauce and stir through.
- Pour the half tomato mixture into a large and deep
- Depending on the size of your lasagna sheets, place
the spinach mixture in the middle, and roll up. Then place the
cannelloni on top of the tomato mixture.
- Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the top of
the cannelloni, then sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Cover with foil then bake for about 25
minutes (until golden)
- Let rest for about 10 minutes